Friday, July 29, 2011

Dried Onion Soup Mix



I don't use a lot of processed foods. This first came out of necessity and needing to be frugal. Then I bought even less of them when we started the Feingold Diet to combat the symptoms of ADHD. I further scaled down my purchase of processed foods when I began realizing that I wanted the most control I could have over what I was feeding my family.

With our changes in diet, I began trying to new recipes. My family prefers their favorites however and some just aren't very healthy. I attempt to make them as healthy as possible, making changes where I can. One such change is making my own spice mixes. This began with Feingold and continues today.

Dried Onion Soup Mix

8 teaspoons dried onion flakes
1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley (I use 2 t since I love parsley!)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (I use 1/8 t since my kids prefer less spice.)

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and use immediately. Or you can store in an airtight container for up to six months.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...