Tuesday, November 8, 2011

TOS Review: Bower Books The Person I Marry




The Person I Marry is a must-have for anyone with children. Perfectly suited for any age, it is never too young to think about the type of person you should marry one day. My boys have already begun hearing about "love" and "girlfriends" and ask all kinds of questions about marriage. This book has helped me steer them on the appropriate path in thinking about marriage (even at the tender ages of eleven and seven!)

Throughout the book, characteristics of the qualities on that page are beautifully reinforced in the background. Each double-page spread deals with a certain aspect of marriage and gently confirms what a person should look for in a husband or wife.

Written and illustrated by husband-wife team Gary and Jan Bower, this book strengthens God's design for biblical marriage. I think it also allows to open the conversation towards only dating (or in our house, courting) one who displays these characteristics.

I've read many children's books by authors who aim to rhyme  just because they think a children's book "should" rhyme. But then the rhythm and flow doesn't work out and it seems forced. The Person I Marry has perfected rhyme and rhythm. I can only assume the other books follow the same rhythm and rhyme! The story comes alive within the words on each page.

What's It Gonna Cost Me?
The Bright Futures Series
$11.99

Other Products 
The Bright Futures Series
     There's a Party in Heaven!
     The Jingle in my Pocket
     What do Heroes Wear?

Mommy Love (board book)
$8.50

Daddy Love (board book)
$8.50

I'm a Michigan Kid!
An Artistic Tour of the Great Lakes State

$17.99 
 
Over Land & Sea, A Story of International Adoption
(written by Steven Layne and illustrated by Jan Bower)
$15.95


Check It Out
Visit Bower Books to take a look at the beautiful oil paintings of Jan Bower. Her paintings are amazingly lifelike and capture such detail!

Final Word
I want every one of these books in our home library. They are absolutely beautiful. The messages are timeless.



Legal Disclaimer: As a member of the TOS Crew, I received a digital copy of The Person I Marry free of charge from Bower Books for the purpose of review. No other compensation was received.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...