Wednesday, May 25, 2011

TOS Review: Eagles Wings Considering God's Creation


 I was so totally excited when I saw we were reviewing Considering God's Creation. I have been looking at it longingly online for quite some time. It is hard to "ooo and ahhh" over something when you see it online. But I was. And then I got it in my hands. I started "ooo-ing" and "ahhhh-ing." And squealing. And jumping up and down. My boys said, "what mama? what?" And then they saw I had a box, rolled their eyes and walked out of the room. I snatched it out of the box and started thumbing through it. (And then I squealed a little more!)

Considering God's Creation looks at natural science from a biblical approach.  Written by two sister who were missionary kids and homeschooled themselves, this basic introduction to science covers  subjects such as weather, the solar system, the plant and animal kingdoms and anatomy and physiology all from a Christian perspective. The subject units are divided by individual chapter, called "lessons" and then subdivided by day.

For example when covering Weather Lesson 7, it is divided into five separate lessons. Once completed, a notebook page, The Weather Recipe, is reference from student workbook. The consumable student workbook is a book bound paperback that is used for notebooking. This will certainly appeal to those students who enjoy hands-on activities. (Farm Boy loves them! Music Man needs a lot of help, but really enjoys it one we get going with it. And notebooking is great for fine motor skills!)




What to Teach When
This curriculum is adaptable from 2nd grade through 7th grade. It can also be used for older students who do not have a strong background in science.

What's It Gonna Cost Me?
Considering God's Creation with Teacher's Manual and Audio CD $29.95
Additional Workbook $13.95
Replacement Audio CD $3.00

Check It Out
Samples are available on the Eagle's Wings website.

Final Word
We loved it! We will be using Considering God's Creation as our science curriculum for next year.

Legal Disclaimer: As a member of the TOS Crew, I received  Considering God's Creation  free of charge from Eagle's Wings for the purpose of review. No other compensation was received.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...